IGNORED

What speakers to mounted 6 inches from my ears?

I am looking for powered speakers for my PC.

The speakers will be mounted 6 inches from my ears in a customized chair.

5 to 10 watts would be ideal, but all the speakers I looked at in that power range lack base.

And the more powerful speakers don't sound good at low volume.

But I am no audio expert, I am hoping someone on this great forum would have a suggestion.

Thank you.

I am looking for powered speakers for my PC.

The speakers will be mounted 6 inches from my ears in a customized chair.

Wolfv

So close to your ears, I would think a design with coincident (concentric) drivers would be highly desirable. Otherwise any movement in your chair could be subject to significant lobbing or frequency response abberations? If this is true, it narrows your options.

For example the KEF X300A, but that is quite expensive. It also has a rear port. Could your seat accommodate that?

Cheers

Frank

Given the requirements, a coax or coincident speaker would be best, but that would require a development of a suitable crossover network unless you use an automotive speaker or similiar. Fullrange drivers of 3-4" will extend to 100hz or so, but as mentioned above will have poor off axis performance and when aimed right at the ear, will beam significantly at and above the drivers diameters 1/2 wavelength....in other words....OUCH as the response rises above that frequency.

Open ear headphones are the best solution.