IGNORED

HiFace1 USB to SPDIF converter question

I just purchased the hiface1 interface which I have plugged into the back of a mac mini with SL. I've downloaded the software and set my sound output to be the HiFace. I am running it to a Bryston BDA-1 DAC. Software is iTunes with BitPerfect. Is there any other settings I need to set as I am not getting a signal to my DAC? Any help would be appreciated.

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

I tried changing my settings in MIDI as well and still no sound. I have the optical plugged in as well and tried switching my DAC over to it and I get sound. I tried unplugging the optical and then the sound came from the mini. So for some reason, it seems as though sound is not getting to the USB/HiFace device even though it is set up in my sound setting to output through the HiFace. There must be something else I'm missing somewhere.

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Correction: My DAC appears to be getting a signal as the light is on, but I'm not getting any sound. Switching back to the optical input on my DAC and I get sound.

Try unplugging the optical as sometimes that overrides the output selection just like regular headphone outputs on a receiver may.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I tried that and all that happened is sound came from the Mini's internal speakers. However, I went back into MIDI and went to speaker configuration and clicked on each of the 2 buttons to test the speakers and as soon as I did that, sound started to play. One thing I notice as well is that the sampling rate in MIDI seems to be locked on 192 kHz. I suspect this is normal as I can't change it.