IGNORED

Wadia Dock or Mac Mini

What would provided the highest quality music playback?

Wadia 170i dock + iPod Touch to Bryston DAC via digital coax or Mac Mini with Snow Leopard + iTunes/Bit Perfect to Bryston DAC using HiFace 1 USB/SPDIF converter + digital coax cable. Not that it has anything to do with the SQ, but in both cases, control of the devices would be via an iPad with apple remote. I am only interested in using the one that offers better sound, so I'm not interested in all the other things the Mini is capable of unless it improves the SQ. The mini is an intel based dual core, 8 Gig of Ram, 320 Gig HDD. My Touch is a 32 Gig version 4.

Most of my music is ripped CD's but I do have some Hi Rez (92 to 192 kHz) music as well.

Thanks

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

What would provided the highest quality music playback?

Wadia 170i dock + iPod Touch to Bryston DAC via digital coax or Mac Mini with Snow Leopard + iTunes/Bit Perfect to Bryston DAC using HiFace 1 USB/SPDIF converter + digital coax cable. Not that it has anything to do with the SQ, but in both cases, control of the devices would be via an iPad with apple remote. I am only interested in using the one that offers better sound, so I'm not interested in all the other things the Mini is capable of unless it improves the SQ. The mini is an intel based dual core, 8 Gig of Ram, 320 Gig HDD. My Touch is a 32 Gig version 4.

Most of my music is ripped CD's but I do have some Hi Rez (92 to 192 kHz) music as well.

Thanks

Mini

David

Mini

I run both a Mini and a 170i into a Zdiac Gold dac and it is no contest: much better resolution and impulse fidelity for the Mac

Great...good to know guys. I have both but have not set up the Mini yet and was just wondering if it was even worth the effort where I already have the Wadia set up. I'm currently having the mini wiped to start fresh.

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.