IGNORED

Synology DS411 Slim Network Attached Storage (NAS)

How can you tell that I've been sort of a disciple of Chris since the beginning?

He makes sense so when he recommends items on his C.A.S.H list, I read his reviews carefully.

Mac Servers, C.A.P.S. servers, DACs, and NAS devices. So I've just admitted a weakness but in my defense, I'm an experimenter with audio so I "try" a lot of great products.

What I'm selling today is a marvelous NAS device (but with Chris to blame, I also own two Drobo FS devices as well--just wait, I'll sell one of those someday) made by Synology. If NAS devices can be sexy, this is "more sexy" than the Drobo's but perhaps my libido needs a boost/or not so I may be biased.

As you will see from the photos I have all four bays loaded with the same drives that I will include an extra brand new one should you purchase this package. I think 1Tb drives were the largest that I could get for these little fella's (laptop drives).

I honestly don't know what this is worth but will try to find my receipts from last December when I bought them. Make me an offer until I get my head around how much I have invested in this.

You want to talk, respond this this forum or tap me an email at [email protected] I'll even give you my office hours if you want to set up a phone dialog.

Re: use. I've used this device for less than 30 hours with one of my Mac Mini servers. The drive has (I think its ALAC file but could be uncompress as well). I think the used space is 1.7 Tb. You may not like my taste in music so I could send it to you with my files (is that legal Chris?) or erase them before shipping.

Computer Audiophile - Synology DS411 Slim Network Attached Storage (NAS) Review

Best --

Kevin

DSC01638.JPGDSC01638.JPG

DSC01640.JPG

DSC01641.JPG

Re: use. I've used this device for less than 30 hours with one of my Mac Mini servers. The drive has (I think its ALAC file but could be uncompress as well). I think the used space is 1.7 Tb. You may not like my taste in music so I could send it to you with my files (is that legal Chris?) or erase them before shipping.

Unless you are disposing of the music from your library (including getting rid of the original CDs), then you should delete the files and just sell the hardware.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.