IGNORED

Question about cables for Audioengine A5 owners

For those of you who own Audioengine A5 speakers, what sort of cable are you using to connect them to your computer or DAC? Unlike the A2s or the A5+, the only audio input appears to be a mini-jack. Are you using the included RCA to mini-jack cable or did you replace it with an upgraded cable? I'm asking because I'd ideally like to upgrade this cable with something shorter and was wondering where to look.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

I contacted Aural Thrills Audio and they made a silver mini-jack interconnect for me, that I run from my DAC to the A5's. Small company but they are willing to make the interconnect built with your requested connectors at a reasonable price.

Head

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I'm asking because I'd ideally like to upgrade this cable with something shorter and was wondering where to look.

Monoprice.com is a good place to find cables. Here is a relevant page:

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

look for "3.5mm to RCA Audio Cables".

Monoprice has no brand name cachet but a lot of people find their cables to be quite satisfactory.

Bill