IGNORED

audiofail

ive always been a po boy but have developed a taste for at least not horrible audio equipment. were talking an asus xonar dgx and a qc3 (~$450). i thought this would sound pretty good. its unbearable. i dont even wear the headphones.

motherboard is asus M4A88T-M.

i've tried everything. i eventually completely reinstalled windows 7 to make sure there wasn't some other software causing the problem. the problem persists.

so im on a clean install of 7 with new qc3's and a new xonar dgx. i'll have to wait till tomorrow to flash the bios to a newer version. i expect that to be of no help whatsoever.

there is an echo. vocals in music are extremely quiet while banging tin canny guitars are overwhelming like blasting a cheap boom box from 1978. its bloody horrible. i can't hear it on a decent pair of desk speakers but on the qc3's it's very noticeable.

any idea what could be causing this?

i swear to god i just figured it out. its been three weeks with this thing. that sound card never really fit in the case (to screw it in it was a little tilted where it shoudl be seated in the pcie x1 slot). i did some old school push them headphone into the jack a little harder and it did some old school sounding better. definitely not subjective this time. i can turn the bad quality on and off. YESHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Have you thought about taking it back? I mean if it sounds bad...

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]