IGNORED

Audirvana Plus and Dacmagic 100 - No sound via USB

Audirvana seems to work fine via airport express piping into the dac or my system through toslink with or without iTunes. However when I plug the usb into the computer it seems the only way I can get the sound out is to disable Audirvana. I've tried alt-clicking on the sound menu on top and changing to 'cambridge dac magic usb 2.0', rebooting, trying to use Audirvana in standalone mode as a player, checked audio-midi setup to see if anything was muted but nothing seems to work.

I've contacted support but they have yet to get in touch. Just checking to see if anyone else had encountered this problem.

I've contacted support but they have yet to get in touch. Just checking to see if anyone else had encountered this problem.

Which support? Cambrige or Audirvana?

Damien, the founder of Audirvana is on this forum. He usually reacts well to PMs and is very supportive.

If you disable Aurivana, do you get output from iTunes (for example)?

Can you change the bit rate in Audio Midi?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I haven't used A+ to output anything other than USB, and it's always worked fine for me - it should auto detect the DAC for you. Just one thing to check (sorry if you've done this, I don't mean to patronise), but in Audirvana+ > Preferences you also have to select the output device. Have you selected your DM100 there?

QNAP > MACMini 2015 > Audirvana+ > M2Tech Young DAC > Magnum MP250 Class A pre > Wonfor designed Single Ended Class A Monos > modified Triangle Antal ESW (Tellurium Q Black).