IGNORED

random itunes file association problem

Hi

I have ripped all my CDs into Apple Lossless format and stored on a Synology DS409 NAS. I have updated all latest S/W on this NAS. This is connected to a Mac Mini (10.6.3) running latest itunes. The Mac is then plugged into my amp via a Benchmark DAC. So far so good. Most files play fine except there are always tracks within some album that itunes complains not finding the file. I deleted and re-loaded all the files into itunes. I have tried physically linking missing tracks to the itunes library but sometimes it losses the location info again.

If I look into the file info, the non-playable tracks will always have this location file://localhost/volumes/music/itunes/...album and track name. While the error free racks will be music:itunes1/...album and track name. I connect the NAS using Connect Server at boot up and since itunes can find most tracks there is no reason to think it is the file or directory problem.

What am I missing?

Mac Mini (iTune) + ALAC on Synology 409 NAS > Transparent USB cable >Benchmark DAC1 >Neutrik XLR >Jeff Rowland Continuum Integrated Amp >B&W 802 speakers

First check iTunes Preferences>Advanced tab. The window under the "iTunes Media folder location" should read "/Volumes/"the name of your NAS"/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media".

If you are using iTunes to organize your files you should have the next two boxes below that checked.

Then in Finder you should see your NAS device and selecting that you should be able to find a path Music>iTunes/iTunes Media/Music. From their you should see your Artist folders which contain the individual Albums and within them will be the Songs.

If those paths seem to match then look again in Finder under the Home symbol. Follow Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Music. If at this point you see any Artist folders then this may be where your missing songs reside and you can add them back into iTunes.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa