IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

Very heartfelt tribute to Townes Van Zandt by Steve Earle. Check out Nancy Griffith's reaction.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

That was so much better than I thought it would be. Very scientific!

+1 I could watch that video 10 times in a row before watching one Nascar race.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.

This old lip-synch is on the hokie side but it gives a nice glimpse of Peter Green's soulful singing and, more so, a taste of his guitar mastery. Rather than vomiting a cascade of notes, Green knew just which notes to play. John Mayall, after Eric Clapton left the Bluesbreakers, is said to have said something like " don't worry, we found someone even better".

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

Oh Peter, big Steven Vai fan here. You are right though, this guy on the electrical cello has the chops. Thanks for sharing.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I like Gary Moore, and of course blues in general.

One of my favorites from him, Still got the Blues for you.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

While on blues guitarists, why not some Stevie Ray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHXd4rQnW0

While I am at it, why not Stevie Ray, Albert King and B.B. King doing the Elmore James song 'the Sky is Crying'. Done by Jimi Hendrix and lots of people. People like Eric Clapton and the Yardbirds, Jeff Beck, and done by the Allman Brothers at Duane Allman's funeral. Heard the Allmans do it live at the Grand Ole Opry house after Duane's death in Nashville in the late 70's. Brings back bittersweet memories for me. Took a special girl to that concert, had no money, won the tickets on a radio call in. She didn't really know the Allmans, but fell in love with them after hearing them that night. Oh well, special emotions and special times in life are what make music special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDp3Grz28mE

Saw these guys about a year after this in Nashville. What I saw live was better than this. But it will still give you the flavor.

Better is the following with help from a young Emmy Lou Harris and Bonny Raitt. Saw these guys just a few months after this recording. This gives the flavor too, but nothing like the live in person experience. Very under-rated band most especially live.

Flight Of The Conchords --- latest song they wrote, lyrics came from a series of interviews the guys did with young school children, from a couple of NZ schools - for a NZ Charity called Red Nose. Musicians are a collection of 'who's who" of NZ Rock. Also, Murray is there as well :-), but no Mel.

Source: 1.0TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro < FW800> Mac Mini (2009 / 10.8.3)

1.0TB WD MY PASSPORT Mac Mini (2009 / 10.8.3)

Players (Hardware): MacBook Pro 13 (2011, 10.8.3 8 gig), ATV2

Amp / DAC: Nuforce DDA-100

Speakers: ELAC 201

Software: iTunes & BitPerfect / Audirvana Free / Audirvana Plus / MPD 0.16.6

Connectivity: subject to random changes

Alizee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM]alizee - YouTube

Loreena Mckennitt

Loreena McKennitt - The Lady of Shalott (LIVE) - YouTube

[video=youtube;MU_Tn-HxULM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU_Tn-HxULM]Loreena McKennitt - The Lady of Shalott (LIVE) - YouTube

Loreena McKennitt - The Highwayman

Loreena McKennitt - The Highwayman - YouTube

[video=youtube;e7Y-VBD0kRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Y-VBD0kRI]Loreena McKennitt - The Highwayman - YouTube

I had to memorize that poem 45 years ago when the world was young and America had an education system dedicated to more than enriching teachers.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

As usual, I'm a bit late to The Piano Guys. To give credit where it's due, I heard about them at Capital Audiofest this year from Jonny Wilson of Snake River Audio.

Anyway, I think they're hilarious. Oh, and music is pretty good too!

[video=youtube_share;Ry4BzonlVlw]

[video=youtube_share;LV5_xj_yuhs]

These guys are great...Thank You!

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers in Belgium 1958 play Moanin'. Lee Morgan was 20 and Bobby Timmons was 22 at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlTeCe30m84&feature=player_embedded

From the same concert, A Night in Tunisia, and Art is really smokin' in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9z9sU5dXnw&feature=related

MacBook Pro (2011) -> PureMusic 1.8 -> USB -> Burson Audio HA-160D -> Audez\'e LCD-2[br]Macbook Pro (2011) -> PureMusic 1.8 -> USB -> Burson Audio HA-160D -> Emotiva UPA-2 -> Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1\'s

OK, I have to know...I do not play with video's very often...how does one get to watch one all the way through without the God awful, constant pop ups, demands for Google Chrome, and refresh stops? I am using a new i5 processor with 8GB of memory...there must be a way to beat this crap?????

Also...how do yo turn one off...I can stop the sound byt it seems to be only on hold??

Also...how do yo turn one off...I can stop the sound byt it seems to be only on hold??

I click on the YouTube ('Watch on YouTube') icon at the bottom right that opens up its own window rather than watch the inbed. If I don't like the song, I can simply close the window and go to watching the next song from this thread.

I am on wireless broadband with limited monthly data allowance. Can't afford to have a vid to continue to stream in even though I'm not watching it.