IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

It is a sad truth that we cant always see every performance of our favorite performers. Thankfully, other people go and film them, and some are truly great. Share your favorites with us. Here are a few of mine. Try to keep this thread limited to performances that rise above the norm, not just a youtube of your favorite song, but of a great performance.

[video=youtube_share;MI49t7t0ZAI]

Check out how the Bass player is playing the instrument.

[video=youtube_share;Te6tgmAjZU0]http://youtu.be/Te6tgmAjZU0

If you need more proof of this womans talent after this video, you are beyond help.

[video=youtube_share;thNVaVfCQEo]

one of the best interpretations I have heard/seen of this song.

No electron left behind.

New one: Somebody that I Used to Know (Gotye cover): [video=youtube_share;d9NF2edxy-M]

Old one on the Wailers first tour of UK, check out the nervous Marley: [video=youtube_share;JE3WaSETf8k]

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

It has taken me a long time to appreciate the Blues. I knew so many Rock groups were inspired by the Blues, but, for the longest time I didn’t understand. I think I “get” it now.

Some of my favorite Youtube videos are those which document the overlap between the old old guard and the new old guard (since the original rockers are now in their 70s) where the rockers are playing Blues.

Here is John Lennon performing the Beatles composition “Yer Blues” with Eric Clapton, Keith Richards and Mitch Mitchell in 1968 (it is the first time a Beatles member performed away from the band). Pure Blues.

[video=youtube_share;KGiPdUDObg8]http://youtu.be/KGiPdUDObg8

Here are three versions of the same Blues song, first recorded by Joe Williams in 1935.

Big Joe Williams (1935) – Original Writer/Performer (sorry no video)

[video=youtube_share;BrOCNBBO8-w]

Muddy Waters (1981) (with Rolling Stones) – Despite the date, performed essentially the same way Muddy Waters recorded it in 1952. Still a Blues song.

[video=youtube_share;gz8U4zJ2_RQ]

Van Morrison (1964) – Definitely now a Rock & Roll song.

[video=youtube_share;y9TdJ4Hya-A]

Peachtree Audio DAC-iT, Dynaco Stereo 70 Amp w/ Curcio triode cascode conversion, MCM Systems .7 Monitors

Some of my current favorites:

And now for something completely different:

Lady Gaga solo piano on the Howard Stern Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD4ICwgZiBs

The NPR Tiny Desk Series concerts are amazing - here are a couple:

Iron and Wine:

Wilco:

Thao Nguyen

Main: Mac Mini i5/Amarra/PureMusic -> Musical Fidelity V-Link II -> Peachtree DACiT | Pro Ject Debut III TT -> Primaluna Prologue Premium w/ KT88s -> ProAc Response D15

Basement/Record Cleaning Lair: Dual 510 TT | AirportExpress | Denon DCD-570 -> Marantz 2252B -> Infinity Qe | Magnepan MG1.4

Attic: AirportExpress | Technics SL-Q2 -> Scott 299b -> Paradigm mini monitors

Office: iPod Classic 160gb docked -> Miniwatt N3 -> ADS L300c

Mobile response unit: AirportExpress -> Audioengine 2

First Aid Kit at Lollapalooza.

Really amazing harmonies - thanks - never heard them before.

Main: Mac Mini i5/Amarra/PureMusic -> Musical Fidelity V-Link II -> Peachtree DACiT | Pro Ject Debut III TT -> Primaluna Prologue Premium w/ KT88s -> ProAc Response D15

Basement/Record Cleaning Lair: Dual 510 TT | AirportExpress | Denon DCD-570 -> Marantz 2252B -> Infinity Qe | Magnepan MG1.4

Check out how the Bass player is playing the instrument.

I believe that's one o' them newfangled violoncellos. :)

Definitely a cool video!

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I really enjoy Lady Gaga. Seriously.

I gotta tell ya - my whole opinion of her changed after that live performance I posted above. Truly amazing.