IGNORED

Delete Account

Is it possible to delete an account? How?

thanks

I suspect a PM to the Host/Owner requesting your account be deleted may result in such an outcome or start a dialogue between the two of you; and I imagine a resolution. I am assuming the account you seek to delete is yours. In either case, the protocol makes sense.

Good fortune.

Best,

Richard

PS or as AudioDoctor surmised there's also the ignore list which operates as he describes in case you seek to make someone's posts invisible to you.

• 6 years later...
On 7/21/2012 at 3:45 PM, AudioDoctor said:

pcad02, there is an ignore feature. You can set it so that you never have to see what those people write. Even if its me.

Not quite. The Ignore List only ignores posts made directly by the person you want to ignore. Unfortunately, replies from others that contain quotes from the offending person's post are not ignore and you will see them. But, at least it's a start. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

1 minute ago, Allan F said:

Not quite. The Ignore list only ignores posts made directly by the person you want to ignore. Unfortunately, replies from others that contain quotes from the offending person's post are not ignore and you will see them. But, at least it's a start. :)

I guess we'll have to do it the old fashioned way then, we'll have to act like adults.

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I disagree, you still have a choice about how you act/react.

To each his own. The choice of many, including me, is to react to those to whom I refer by placing them on the Ignore List. There is no lack of civility in doing so if one's Ignore List is kept private, and it serves to eliminate unnecessary frustration or aggravation.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

FWIW, I started a subscription with a classical music forum. I expected mild mannered banter between classical music lovers. Boy was I wrong. You could ignore users there but you could not ignore threads. After 2 months I left, the bickering and sniping got to me.

To the OP, erase your subscriptions, set your preferences for no PM's, erase your profile information and you won't be bothered again. Technically, you are still an account, but so what. Worked for me.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

• 3 years later...

Audiophilestyle does not delete accounts upon request. So it is advisable to hide your identity. Your data will not be erased, your messages IP addresses, home address. Actually, of course you should just not sign up and look for a forum that guarantees better integrity.