Update: January 09, 2018

The Buy/Sell forum is here! Feel free to buy and sell anything computer related, audio related, or heck possibly something else another subscriber might think is worth purchasing. Also, a good motto to use for yourself is, "When in doubt, ask someone or don't do it."

Most importantly there is no fee for listing, buying, or selling!

On Audiophile Style only those with an Audiophile Style Premium subscription are allowed to sell items in this forum and start a new thread. All Audiophile Style members, including non-subscribers, can view the Buy/Sell forum and can reply to threads already created. This means both subscribers and members can purchase items but only subscribers can sell items. The Buy/Sell forum is visible to the entire Internet but unregistered users aren't allow to start a thread or reply to a thread.

Keep in mind the Audiophile Style - Terms of Service, especially section 14:

14. Classified Advertisements

This web site may provide a forum (such as classified advertisements) in which sellers and buyers may be connected. By engaging in transactions with buyers or sellers that you meet via our web site, you proceed solely at your own risk and you agree that Audiophile Style, LLC is not responsible for any losses that you might sustain as a result of your transactions with such buyers and sellers. You should not engage in any transaction with a person with whom you are not comfortable or whom you suspect might be engaged in improper or questionable conduct. Please be aware that Audiophile Style, LLC, through this web site, merely provides a forum in which buyers and sellers can connect. Neither Audiophile Style, LLC nor its web site posting classified advertisements facilitate any transaction, insure any transaction, or act as an intermediary, broker, or escrow agent in connection with such buyer-seller transactions.

You should be very careful before you send money to any seller posting an advertisement on one of our sites. In particular, we urge you to use reputable and well known money-transfer services and on-line merchant account services (such as PayPal) in engaging in transactions with sellers of goods advertised on our web site. We urge you to proceed with extreme caution in using such money transfer services, and under no circumstances should you deliver cash to a money transfer service with instructions to disburse the funds to an alleged agent of Audiophile Style, LLC or the web site on which the classified advertisement was posted. Again, neither Audiophile Style, LLC nor its web site posting classified advertisements act as a transaction intermediary or escrow agent, and you should not do business with any seller who directs you to work with an employee or agent of Audiophile Style, LLC or the applicable web site in completing the transaction. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
Once a listing is consummated in a sale and the transaction complete, how do we delete the thread?

Can I suggest Chris creates a sub-forum of completed and closed threads?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 6 months later...

I am sorry for the noob question, but how can I post a classified? I see that there's a "start a new thread" button in the general forum. But I don't see one in this one. Is it because I am a new member? I did complete one trade as a buyer here...

Hi ulogin - Here is the pertinent info from the welcome message above.

"Only CA Subscribers are allowed to sell items in this forum and start a new thread. All Computer Audiophile members, including non-subscribers, can view the Buy/Sell forum and can reply to threads already created. This means both subscribers and members can purchase items but only subscribers can sell items. The Buy/Sell forum is visible to the entire Internet but unregistered users aren't allow to start a thread or reply to a thread."

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
Hi ulogin - Here is the pertinent info from the welcome message above.

"Only CA Subscribers are allowed to sell items in this forum and start a new thread. All Computer Audiophile members, including non-subscribers, can view the Buy/Sell forum and can reply to threads already created. This means both subscribers and members can purchase items but only subscribers can sell items. The Buy/Sell forum is visible to the entire Internet but unregistered users aren't allow to start a thread or reply to a thread."

OK, I'm confused. (easily, usually) I'm logged in, am I registered? I subscribed to this forum. Am I registered? If not to both, how do I get registered. I've got some cool stuff I don't need anymore. I click on 'thread starter' and nothing happens. Must not be registered, or subscribed, or whatever?

Thanks,

S

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Sorry for my ignorance here, but I cannot figure out how to post in the For Sale Thread. I have read, and re-read, and looked, but I cannot see how to do it. Any help would be appreciated!

Devlon

Hi Devlon - You must be a paid subscriber to post something for sale. Here is the appropriate text -> "Only CA Subscribers are allowed to sell items in this forum and start a new thread. All Computer Audiophile members, including non-subscribers, can view the Buy/Sell forum and can reply to threads already created. This means both subscribers and members can purchase items but only subscribers can sell items. The Buy/Sell forum is visible to the entire Internet but unregistered users aren't allow to start a thread or reply to a thread."

If you'd like to subscribe here are the details -> Subscribe

• 1 month later...

You could eliminate a lot of confusion and the need to read additional comments by changing the opening words of the third paragraph of your initial post to 'Only paid CA Subscribers'...

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 7 months later...
I just paid my subscription, where do i go to sell an item?

Thanks

Miguel

Sorry for my ignorance but can you explain me how to do it?

Regards

Hi Miguel - Do you see any banner ads on the top, bottom, or right side of the screen? If you don't, then everything is working right. Click on Post New Thread in the upper left corner of the Buy/Sell forum.

Screen Shot 2014-08-08 at 3.18.11 PM.png

• 7 months later...
Can sold items be deleted ?I see no option

If it's a thread you started, you can lock it. Sorry, don't recall exactly where the "Lock" option is right now.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...