IGNORED

Melody Gardot - The Absence - 24 bit / 96 kHz HDtracks Download

Available Monday at Qobuz in 24/96. Pre-orders @ €14.99. In my small town (in Italy) that gets you two pizze and a half-liter of local wine. What should I do?

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Available Monday at Qobuz in 24/96. Pre-orders @ €14.99. In my small town (in Italy) that gets you two pizze and a half-liter of local wine. What should I do?

I would wait until somebody has had a chance to post the spectrum and dynamic range...

I would wait until somebody has had a chance to post the spectrum and dynamic range...

How do I measure the spectrum and dynamic range of a pizza margherita? The mozzarella di bufala won't sit still long enough.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

How do I measure the spectrum and dynamic range of a pizza margherita?

I think you will have to calculate it from the ratio of tomato to basil.

The mozzarella di bufala won't sit still long enough.

You are not supposed to use live buffaloes!

Back from the food:

Why would you PRE-order? I mean, this is not like physical iPads that could be out of stock? And I don't think that all those download demands will explose the server (and if they do, Qobuz has it at the same price).

As much as I like Melody Gardot, I'd want to listen to the music before purchasing...

Back from the food:

Why would you PRE-order? I mean, this is not like physical iPads that could be out of stock? And I don't think that all those download demands will explose the server (and if they do, Qobuz has it at the same price).

As much as I like Melody Gardot, I'd want to listen to the music before purchasing...

Pre-order price is €14.99. Goes up to €17.49 on May 31.

Grrrrr... I'm also blocked - in Australia. It is this kind of crap that sends good people to the Piratebay!!!! Are you listening Decca???? I have the credit card ready and you piss off a potential paying customer with this licensing garbage. Now what if I google.....

Roon / JRiver with Audiolense XO -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Cyrus Mono x200 Signatures -> Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes

Just had a first listen to the snippets on Hiresaudio and Quobuz. I must say I was a bit disappointed. Melody's songs where always rather smooth, although with her amazing voice I didn't mind. This one seems to be a little bit TOO soft for me at first hear. Will try to listen again before the 31st to make up my mind while it is still below €15 (a psychological hurdle for me, above I really only purchase stuff I'm 100% convinced of).

If somebody has purchased the whole album, please share your verdict.

HDtracks link https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD00602537032464

Musically "Mira", "If I tell you I love you", "Goodbye" "Amalia" are the exceptional, sometimes intimate tracks, but the "Love me like a River does" deep and haunting is missing from this album and it is missed. There's not much light and dark with the rest of the tracks, they sound much the same and it's difficult to pick any highlights, maybe the background noises differentiate them, and they are distractions. Too much guitar and not enough piano! Ack, strings... don't need them here.

Track "So Long" has an annoying repetitive 1/2s on 2-3s off tick in the left channel, totally out of time with the music. Anyone else have this?

If you like latin jazz, you should like this album. I give it a three overall.

SQ wise, the recording is clean, but it doesn't sparkle.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Track "So Long" has an annoying repetitive 1/2s on 2-3s off tick in the left channel, totally out of time with the music. Anyone else have this?

If you like latin jazz, you should like this album. I give it a three overall.

SQ wise, the recording is clean, but it doesn't sparkle.

Yeah, I thought the ticks were weird when I first heard them as well. It doesn't even sound like an instrument.

I like latin Jazz and think the album is about a 3 out of 5 stars.

I agree with you on the SQ. Clean, not dynamically compressed as much as many albums, but certainly not as good sonically as My One and Only Thrill.

Oh well, it's good music.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

It's on the CD as well. I thought my encoding went poorly. Awaiting the LP for a baseline.

Ms. Gardot is one of my favorites.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Totally annoying! What's distraction. At least we can delete or skip this , except it's a good track otherwise.

Mac mini late 2009 to TC Impact Twin by firewire, two 2 TB external USB drives plus networked from D-Link 323 NAS for music storage. Ethernet and WiFi connected to Sonos, Squeezebox Duet, Apple TV2 depending on listening room. Main 2 channel system: Jeff Rowland Consonance preamp, Krell D/A, Belles 350a amp to Von Schweikert VR4 Senior Mk2 speakers.

Grrrrr... I'm also blocked - in Australia. It is this kind of crap that sends good people to the Piratebay!!!! Are you listening Decca???? I have the credit card ready and you piss off a potential paying customer with this licensing garbage. Now what if I google.....

A VPN is your friend and you can be from anywhere you want to be ;-)

I bought the Melody Gardot album. I didn't like it as much as her other work, but all in all its still very good. I'd give it 4 of 5, her previous work to me a 5 of 5.

The irratating clicks are there on purpose. Someone at amazon wrote the Ms Gardot through here website. This was her response:

"Hello Charles! Im sorry you find this a defect but this is in fact not an error!

The sound you hear is a small click from the nails - as it has the sound of an old vinyl.

If you could picture the sound, its a small musician sitting beside the group, contributing to the song with only his hands, a smile, and the click of his finger nails. Some of the greatest musician I have ever met have lived on the streets and while being very poor, make sounds with their mouths, their hands, essentially only what they have before them: their bodies. In this way it is an homage to the absence of any instrument beyond the human body. This is also a focus on the nature of microtones (the tiniest sounds!)

I hope the image your mind can create can reharness the beauty you have in your mind while listening to the album.

Kind regards,

xx

Mme"

I wish her other work was available as a high rez download. I sure can't find it.

drofgnal, can you please provide a link to the exact web page with the message from Melody Gardot explaining the ticking sound? I can't find the page through her main website (melodygardot.com). FWIW, the ticking sounds annoy me, and don't have the artistic effect she intends. Moreover, the CD sounds dull and muffled -- disappointing after the superb sound quality of her previous recordings.

I bought the Melody Gardot album. I didn't like it as much as her other work, but all in all its still very good. I'd give it 4 of 5, her previous work to me a 5 of 5.

The irratating clicks are there on purpose. Someone at amazon wrote the Ms Gardot through here website. This was her response:

"Hello Charles! Im sorry you find this a defect but this is in fact not an error!

The sound you hear is a small click from the nails - as it has the sound of an old vinyl.

If you could picture the sound, its a small musician sitting beside the group, contributing to the song with only his hands, a smile, and the click of his finger nails. Some of the greatest musician I have ever met have lived on the streets and while being very poor, make sounds with their mouths, their hands, essentially only what they have before them: their bodies. In this way it is an homage to the absence of any instrument beyond the human body. This is also a focus on the nature of microtones (the tiniest sounds!)

I hope the image your mind can create can reharness the beauty you have in your mind while listening to the album.

Kind regards,

xx

Mme"

I wish her other work was available as a high rez download. I sure can't find it.

Guildenstern