IGNORED

AM/FM Radio Tuner with AirPlay

I've been searching and searching for an AM/FM radio tuner that will send audio to airplay speakers. I'm hoping I'm just not a great Googler and that this product does exist but I can't seem to find it. Anyone have suggestions for anything (USB device to stand-alone component) that will integrate AM/FM radio signals into a system where two independent sets of speakers are driven from a centralized Mac Mini sending audio over WiFi to two Airport Expresses hooked into separate amplifiers?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Seems to me this is a product category someone should open.....

Does anyone know if that device, the Denon DNP720AE, or any of the other components which support AirPlay can actually broadcast to AirPlay devices? Reading descriptions, it seems that all they do is receive AirPlay signals which doesn't help me.

I don't know of any device which transmits AirPlay... However have you considered just using a computer And Internet radio; then AirFoil to your AirPlay speakers. Or use a iPod Touch.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I've been searching and searching for an AM/FM radio tuner that will send audio to airplay speakers. I'm hoping I'm just not a great Googler and that this product does exist but I can't seem to find it. Anyone have suggestions for anything (USB device to stand-alone component) that will integrate AM/FM radio signals into a system where two independent sets of speakers are driven from a centralized Mac Mini sending audio over WiFi to two Airport Expresses hooked into separate amplifiers?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Seems to me this is a product category someone should open.....

I think the problem is you have to convert it to a digital signal from the receiver to broadcast it.

The only thing that comes close that I am aware of are the "radio" stations in iTunes. Those can be played like any other audio stream via iTunes to an airport express or Apple TV or whatever.

Unless you already have the amps and speakers I would suggest a NAD C446 Digital Media Streamer that includes an AM/FM tuner. Use the C446 digital Toslink output to a pair of wireless Dynaudio XEO 3 or XEO 5 speakers.

The radio audio is also available through the digital output of the C446 and it will stream your network attached server or hard drive.

PJH