IGNORED

USB to SPDIF converter or USB DAC with current pre\pro

In looking at USB to SPDIF converters it dawned on me that I might just want to get a USB DAC for a little bit more money. Question is do I need it or how much improvement of SQ would I get with the USB DAC vs. Converter and my current pre\pro DAC? I think I have narrowed my search down to the MF V Link 192 or Audiophilleo 2 for the converters however pretty lost with DACs “if needed”. MF has a M1DAC that sells for approx 750.00 has the features of the V Link 192 with a DAC. I have an Integra DHC 80.3 pre\pro using its DACS right now. I listen to a combination of Hi-REZ music 24/96 and CDS ripped from XLD. I use a Macbook Pro for music server right now with plans on new Mac mini.

So any suggestions on either the MF V link 192 or AP2 would be great. Other converter suggestions welcomed. Or Do I scratch the converter and buy a USB DAC because it’s that much better in terms of SQ.

Thanks

(Music Server) - Macbook Pro, OS Lion 10.7 > Music Fidelity V Link 192 “coax” > (Preamplifier) Integra DHC 80.3 > (Amp) Parasound A51 > (Speakers) Polk Monitor 70 Front & 60 Rear w/ Velodyne Sub > Furman Power Conditioner > Apple TV 1st Gen > (Interconnects) Audioquest - Vodka, Carbon, Diamondback > (Speaker cable) Audioquest Rocket 88 > itunes > Amarra > Pure Music > XLD > DVD Audio Extractor > AIFF > 24/96

Future upgrades: Speakers, USB to SPDIF converter, Mac Mini

I resubmitted this thread under Forum: DAC - Digital to Analog Conversion

I did not know how to delete this thread?

Sorry, please use other thread under Forum: DAC - Digital to Analog Conversion

(Music Server) - Macbook Pro, OS Lion 10.7 > Music Fidelity V Link 192 “coax” > (Preamplifier) Integra DHC 80.3 > (Amp) Parasound A51 > (Speakers) Polk Monitor 70 Front & 60 Rear w/ Velodyne Sub > Furman Power Conditioner > Apple TV 1st Gen > (Interconnects) Audioquest - Vodka, Carbon, Diamondback > (Speaker cable) Audioquest Rocket 88 > itunes > Amarra > Pure Music > XLD > DVD Audio Extractor > AIFF > 24/96

Future upgrades: Speakers, USB to SPDIF converter, Mac Mini