Hi all!

Starting a new thread on the Meitner MA-1. Not sure if I should post more discussions of this wonderful unit under Chris' review post on the unit; if the mods think so you should definitely move the post over.

Recently got my unit courtesy of Perotta Consulting - arrived looking great, and definitely a lot more hefty than my Mytek DAC. I'm reserving impressions until break-in is done, but initial impressions are impressive.

I'm more posting with a problem with JRMC playback to see what others have done. Using JRMC 17 build 160, ASIO DSD playback does not work - it just gives static. Build 162 promised to fix general problems with Mytek/PD/Meitner but resulted in a message "Playback could not be started on xxx". From the JRMC forums it seems like only Playback Designs owners are in luck with this build.

Any experience from other Meitner owners would be very welcome. Also, on the other thread it sounded like someone had great results using the Aqvox USB power supply with the Meitner. Any other data points there?

Thanks a lot!

Yeang

Thanks for the information. DSD bitstreaming with the Meitner MA-1 definitely works with DoP and WASAPI-Event style. However, I'd like to get ASIO native DSD streaming working. I've been posting in the JRiver interact forums about this too!

Thanks for your help.

Yeang

Maybe these would help:

DSD over PCM (DoP) 1.0

DSD Format - JRiverWiki

You must set "bitstreaming" under video options.

17.0.165 is available at the top of the MC17 board on our forum.