IGNORED

JRemote Version 2.00 Issues / Questions

Hi Guys - I just upgraded to JRemote version 2.00 and have a major issue. It's also possible I can't figure out how to use the new feature but I think it's pretty counterintuitive if it's working correctly.

In the image below you can see a new feature with the number 1 and arrow pointing right. I believe these are the options for single clicking a track. Yes / no?

My main issue is when I press & hold an album so it displays the standard popup dialog box (not the box mentioned above or pictured below), and I select add all to playlist, nothing is added. If I do this again some times nothing is added some times it gets added twice. I can consistently reproduce the same results. I just know that 99% of the time no albums are added to the playlist when I select add all to playlist. In all previous versions of JRemote this worked perfect.

Anyone else have this problem, or able to tell me where I'm going wrong?

IMG_0030.PNG

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Chris.

This is unfortunately a bug that slipped through in this latest version.

Actually, the tracks are added, but the "now playing" list is not reloaded until one of the added tracks start playing.

As you mentioned, this only applies to the press and hold menu.

Also, for your first answer, yes, the three first icons are for single tracks, the rest is for the whole list.

I will issue a new update later today that fixes this bug and a couple of other small issues. As a bonus you can now select streaming quality up to 320 Kbps.

Please note that Apple can take several days, up to a week to approve an app.

CAPS > Berkeley USB+DAC > Sanders Magtech > Magnepan 3.7

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed upon upgrading to 2.00 a re-appearance of an an issue that had troubled me with past versions JRemote. I wanted to see if the recent update would fix it, but alas no luck.

Basically, when I add an album to "now playing," it will flip the order of two or more of the tracks. So, if I have tracks # 1-4, it will add them, usually, as something like 1, 3, 2, 4. Also, occasionally, it will add the tracks like this: 2, 1, 3, 4, but will skip track # 2 and start with # 1.

I've checked JRiver when this happens and, sure enough, its playlist reflects the same ordering, so it's not just a display error.

Other than that, absolutely love the remote.

• 2 months later...
Till now I have been unable of streaming music to my device ( IPhone iOS 5)

I can open the option but when I select my device instead of Reproductor no music sound

What am doing wrong?

Any help much appreciated

Hi LesPaul. I really like your product. You've done a great job.

See, Actually i'm having the same issue as jcalleja with a friend's MC instance.

Whenever picking "This device" instead of the other DLNA renderers, audio simply doesn't stream to my iPad (or iPod) with iOS 5.1.

When i review MC's Media Network Activity Log it seems like it's getting my requests to play the files since i see the GET commands, but then "Nothing is currently playing" is all i get.

At home, with my own instance of Media Center, everything is working just fine so i know it's nothing related to JRemote but it may be some component of Media Center that's not installed correctly or a feature that could be disabled. I just thought and would really appreciate if you could assist me to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

Thinking of buying a tablet that will be used almost exclusively as a remote for the sound system with J River on a Windows server.

Is JRemote so superior that I should just get an iOS tablet? I don't presently have any Apple devices.

I've tried Gizmo for Android and find it adequate. It does more or less what I want. I don't find it particularly good looking or well setup, but it does the job. I've never tried JRemote.

If software was the same, I'd buy an Android tablet. But I'm pretty sensitive to having a good UI for my music listening use. So should I just buy an iPad and get what you guys seem to think is the superior UI?

Thanks

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I noticed upon upgrading to 2.00 a re-appearance of an an issue that had troubled me with past versions JRemote. I wanted to see if the recent update would fix it, but alas no luck.

Basically, when I add an album to "now playing," it will flip the order of two or more of the tracks. So, if I have tracks # 1-4, it will add them, usually, as something like 1, 3, 2, 4. Also, occasionally, it will add the tracks like this: 2, 1, 3, 4, but will skip track # 2 and start with # 1.

I've checked JRiver when this happens and, sure enough, its playlist reflects the same ordering, so it's not just a display error.

Could you have shuffle set (or alpha sort) for some view or some playback option?

This annoying bug has forced me to register here :)

i have the same issue, but with me it only happens when I play an album from a search result.

And I agree, lovely software.