IGNORED

No audio from Mac Mini Server to Rotel HSP-1572 receiver

I've spent countless hours trying to configure my 2011 Mac Mini Server to my Rotel HSP-1572 receiver. When the server is connected directly to my HDTV via HDMI, audio works perfect. Whenever it's connected to the receiver there's absolutely no audio.

After making sure all the output settings were correct in system preferences and audio midi setup, I read in another forum that a user had to connect an optical cable in addition to HDMI to get it to work. I've tried this as well without any luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work either through HDMI or HDMI and optical? The last thing I read was someone buying a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus and connecting this between the server and receiver. Would like input before spending more money. Thanks

MacMini i7 server hdmi sound issue [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

Normally these don't

]I've spent countless hours trying to configure my 2011 Mac Mini Server to my Rotel HSP-1572 receiver. When the server is connected directly to my HDTV via HDMI, audio works perfect. Whenever it's connected to the receiver there's absolutely no audio.

After making sure all the output settings were correct in system preferences and audio midi setup, I read in another forum that a user had to connect an optical cable in addition to HDMI to get it to work. I've tried this as well without any luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work either through HDMI or HDMI and optical? The last thing I read was someone buying a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus and connecting this between the server and receiver. Would like input before spending more money. Thanks

MacMini i7 server hdmi sound issue [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

Antigrunge