IGNORED

Apple's New Thing

I stumbled on this post from October 23, 2001 on the Mac Rumor's forum the other day. It's a great read, I encourage everyone to peruse it and have a good laugh. Here are three reader's quotes about the introduction of the original iPod.

Great just what the world needs, another freaking MP3 player. Go Steve! Where's the Newton?!

gee! an mp3 player with a HD! how original! kinda reminds me of a JUKEBOX i once knew..

I'd call it the Cube 2.0 as it wont sell, and be killed off in a short time...and it's not really functional.

Read the entire thread at -> Apple's New Thing (iPod) - MacRumors Forums

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I do wonder if all of the old Newton disciples have finally upgraded to iPads.

Steve Jobs' real gift was knowing what consumers would buy, and that part of the Apple formula will be hard to replace.

My take is a slight variation on that: Steve Jobs' real gift was being able to create demand by telling people what they are missing, and painting a vision of the near future they don't want to be without.

I stumbled on this post from October 23, 2001 on the Mac Rumor's forum the other day.

Hilarious! Thanks, Chris, for reminding us! Can't believe it was only 3 years after the Rio PMP300 (I still have mine, but I still have a working Cube too :) )

My take is a slight variation on that: Steve Jobs' real gift was being able to create demand by telling people what they are missing, and painting a vision of the near future they don't want to be without.

When I walk into the local Apple Store, that's the impression that hits me: This is like a movie from 20 years ago showing what stuff would be like in the future. When I walk into Best Buy (even/especially the Apple display there) - meh.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.