IGNORED

World's First Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Downloads Coming Soon

Thanks Mr. Wednesday. Your post turned into quite an experience for me. I ended up at the e-Onkyo site where these 5.1 downloads will be released. The site is in Japanese language only. I found a DSD album I wanted to purchase so I fumbled my way through using Google translator and hovering over buttons to read where the links would take me. I ended up creating an account, purchasing, and downloading a DSD album. If anyone want to give it a shot, the site does have some good stuff, let me know how it goes :~)

I purchased the DSD album of Brandon Ross, Stomu Takeishi, Daisuke Suzuki: Live At AristoHall 2

Home Page of e-Onkyo Music

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

What software player are you using? I've found pops and clicks with Audirvana (Mac) and Foobar (Windows), but only on some rips. It's a silence between tracks header thing. Those rips, however, play flawlessly on my new MPD update (PK90USB). Weird.

Any idea of the provenance of the recording? I ask cuz in the DSD category clearly DXD (24/352 from 2L) and 24/192 stuff (from MA Recordings) are not DSD-recorded.

Edit: Looks to be DSD128 recording, according to google translate on recording page.

Chris and others,

Here's the press release from Dolby Laboratories about this program which might answer some of your questions about what is being offered (from the Dolby Laboratories press release hyperlink imbedded in the AudioStream article):

http://investor.dolby.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=672401

Also note from the AudioStream article and the Dolby press release that an international version of the current Japanese download website (presumably in English) will be launched later this year in the Fall of 2012.

I have no connection to or association with any of the products, companies, persons or views expressed in the articles referenced above.

Regards,

Mister Wednesday

What software player are you using? I've found pops and clicks with Audirvana (Mac) and Foobar (Windows), but only on some rips. It's a silence between tracks header thing. Those rips, however, play flawlessly on my new MPD update (PK90USB). Weird.

Any idea of the provenance of the recording? I ask cuz in the DSD category clearly DXD (24/352 from 2L) and 24/192 stuff (from MA Recordings) are not DSD-recorded.

Edit: Looks to be DSD128 recording, according to google translate on recording page.

Hi Ted - I'm using the newest beta version of JRiver. I'll slide the files over to the DSD enabled SOtM sMS-1000 and see what happens.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 months later...
Thanks Mr. Wednesday. Your post turned into quite an experience for me. I ended up at the e-Onkyo site where these 5.1 downloads will be released. The site is in Japanese language only. I found a DSD album I wanted to purchase so I fumbled my way through using Google translator and hovering over buttons to read where the links would take me. I ended up creating an account, purchasing, and downloading a DSD album. If anyone want to give it a shot, the site does have some good stuff, let me know how it goes :~)

I purchased the DSD album of Brandon Ross, Stomu Takeishi, Daisuke Suzuki: Live At AristoHall 2

Home Page of e-Onkyo Music

I tried to create account on e-onkyo music also using Google translate and trying various buttons but couldn't pass the process successfully. It stopped on creation of secret answer which was required in Hiragana which is Japanese phonetic alphabet. English alphabet didn't work for me. Great disappointment. After twitting e-onkyo music with dramatic request for english website, they answered they are planning on doing that in 2013. I will subscribe to their music store as soon they have english version. Or earlier when I overcame intricacies of Japanese alphabet. Plenty excellent high res PCM and DSD downloads there, just wish it was a little easier...

Chris

Thanks guys. I tried copying few Japanese characters as well- it did not work at that time. Will copy yours, Brucknerdoc and see what happens...Make me feel better not only me who had problems :)

I just used Google Chrome and it gives you an option on setting the script for translation from Japanese to English for most ( not all) of the info.

The Truth Is Out There

Surprisingly, I made it further than I expected. I'm registered but for some reason the site won't take my Visa card. Is there any (obvious) reason why that would be the case?

I'm getting the following message: This card can not currently be confirmed. Thank you for your inquiry directly to the credit card company.

Joel

I finally passed registration but have problem with credit card confirmation. The same message as Joel's :(.

It could be IP filtering which is often first line of defense for credit card authorization systems. It is probably better to do transactions during regular business hours. But it could be lots of other issues, mainly related to cc authorization systems. Really hard to say what is behind confirmation problems. I guess will try again at different times, hope it gets better.

Both my cards are Visa - no luck here :(

I hope they'll have paypal for english speaking clients one day :). Never needed amex but now I may reconsider...I listened to few dsd tracks samples - don't know format they use for samples but the sound quality and realism is evident. Oh, what a pain not being able to get them...

American Express works. I'm in the middle of downloading right now.

I'm excited to hear what these tracks really sound like.

And I refuse to confess how much time I worked on this until I finally hit paydirt.

Let's just call it a triumph of persistence over intelligence. :)

Thanks for your help and for pointing out the site, Chris.

Joel