IGNORED

NAS and JRiver setup Questions...

Folks,

I just got my CAPSv2 server running over the weekend, but have been having some difficulty configuring JRiver to work properly with my NAS. Here's what I have set up:

-Synology NAS device with a load of FLAC files in a subdirectory under the 'main' directory. Hard wired to a wireless router.

-CAPSv2 with Win 7 64 bit with a new install of JRiver. This is a new program for me and is probably the source of the problems!

-SONOS system in the house for most of the home audio other than the listening room (once the CAPS is running properly)

-PS3 which I recently got working to see the NAS, and have stored a few movies on there.

The SONOS has always worked flawlessly. It never seems to have too much problem finding the NAS (there is a wake-up period on the NAS where it sometimes takes a second attempt). It streams Pandora perfectly as well.

The NAS is a viable hard-drive. I can copy to it and get files from it through the normal Explorer channels.

On the CAPS, I cannot get JRiver to 'see' the NAS or the directory that the files are stored. I can get the computer to see the NAS through Explorer, and I have mapped the drive to the computer, but it won't let me set up a ligrary with that directory, and in the browser when looking for the library to set up, the NAS isn't visible.

The NAS also happened to have /Photos, /Media, and /Music directories that I think were established as part of making it be a media server to connect to the PS3. JRiver can see that Music directory, and did in fact set up a library automatically for that (I had one album in there for testing with the PS3).

So, am I forced to use the /Music directory (I think these are DNLA compatable?) to access the music on the harddrive with JRiver? Since the SONOS finds the music in the normal 'hard drive' (the non-media server) location easily, I'm confused as to why this has been so difficult with JRiver.

I was able to get JRemote to sync perfectly with JRiver, so all I need to do is get the library going in JRiver, and I'll be up and running.

Since this is the first time attempting to use JRiver, I simply don't know if I am asking it to do something that it simply can't do, but I find it suprising that the NAS is not visible and even when mapped, not available for the library setup. I feel I must be doing something wrong here?

Thanks,

---Michael

Server ---> Rpi ---> Audiophilleo2 ---> Metrum Octave ---> Audio Horizons Pre ---> Pass Labs XA30.5 ---> Sonus Faber Liuto Towers

Computer ---> Audio Hardware ---> Air ---> Ears ---> Brain

I figured out that I could get MC to see the drive if I placed the mapped drive (in my case d:) in the auto monitor directories. When I did that, it started downloading the albums correctly.

So for some reason, I was not able to see the NAS correctly, even though I could see another one on the system, but I figured out a work-around so all is good.

---Michael

Server ---> Rpi ---> Audiophilleo2 ---> Metrum Octave ---> Audio Horizons Pre ---> Pass Labs XA30.5 ---> Sonus Faber Liuto Towers

Computer ---> Audio Hardware ---> Air ---> Ears ---> Brain