IGNORED

Article: Welcome to Computer Audiophile 3.0

What a massive number of changes, and it all looks good. Will take a while to navigate through all this! :)

Only issue I see is I can't seem to get the cursor to move around and select on my iPad. The little magnifying spot comes up, just no visible cursor.

Still, this looks really great and it is impressive, the number and magnitude of the changes!

Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Congrats on moving ahead with an update. Would love to see a separate section in a document format for primers on ripping DVD-Audio, SACD, suggested tools for Mac, and recommended equipment. Much easier to read than a sequence of posts in a forum.

Thanks for a great site, looking forward to contributing more in the future as I get my server setup.

The mobile interface is excellent. Well done!

Yes -- the mobile version looks great -- thanks for your efforts Chris!

2011 Mac Mini (Lion) -> Audirvana Plus -> Audioquest Cinnamon USB -> Schiit Bifrost -> Audioquest Diamondback -> Rotel RA-1520 -> Analysis Plus Oval 12/2 -> Klipsch RF-62 II

"If it sounds good, it is good ..." -Duke Ellington

Now that I've gone in and set notifications, etc in "my settings" is there a way to re-create the subscriptions, so I continue to get email alerts that my own current established threads (replied or created) have activity? Or do we need to start those all over again (i.e only my new replies will activate notifications)?

Hmmm...what happened to my signature...I edited it (weird slash characters came over from old signature), but didn't remove it. ? I can see everyone else's signature on this thread, but only when coming in via forum "article comments". iI viewed via comments directly, no one has a signature, the format is much more sparse...in both cases I don't have a signature. ?

Edit: So maybe I am mistaken but these comments attached to an article are not able to be "subscribed" (otherwise this should be in my subscription list already)

Experiencing the same slash marks ted_b referred to in my signature profile which I edited successively and saved. Or so I thought, only to discover the slash marks have returned. Perhaps this is an example of what Chris refers to as a minor hiccup. In the spirit of holding my breath, I'll wait to determine if these slash marks are removed eventually or if there is something I can do above and beyond editing efforts, I am open to cleaning up.

Meanwhile, I am taking the 10cent tour. Enjoying the ride.

Best,

Richard

Hi chris

Congratulations !!

I'm also wondering about regaining my subscribed threads. That was an import and reference source,both to look forward and back at previously flagged research.

Will we regain those?

Thanks again for your hard work

-Caleb

C.A.P.Sv2-Mytek Stereo192-Twisted Pair Audio Buffalo III M-ch-Sennheiser HD800-Beyerdynamic T1-Lexicon MC12b-Theta Dreadnought-Infinity Prelude MTS-Sonos-JRiver MC-12TB DataTale eSATA

Personally I find the the new layout difficult to read. Each line in a text e.g. equipment reviews is longer /wider than what you would find in a book or on a letter sized print. This creates a text mass that is tiring for me to read.

.. and the bits just keep on comin´./MacMini/iTunes/Spotify/E-DAC(ODAC)/SB Touch (for Internet radio only)/Marantz PM-KI Pearl Lite/ Amphion Argon1

will need a few days to explore all nooks and cranny...The wider on screen format is welcome, I miss the NYT font ah I see the button now.

I don't like the rankings and groupings, Senior Member, newbie etc. That was there at one time, voted off, I see it's back again. I see it causing divisions, we can tell by the number of posts who frequently posts and who's new.

All in all though, the what's new looks like the best feature. Adding quotes is easier to add in, cause on long threafs it was extremely difficult to follow flat style unless the poster quoted and messed with italic. Easy to login.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

So, the thread tool to "unsubscribe from this thread" is available, which should logically mean that I'm subscribed (i.e I posted here last night and have settings for any posts/replies set to auto subscribe), yet this thread does not show in my subscribed list, which is empty. Guess I'll try another thread and see. I had about 100 threads in my subscription list prior to V3.