IGNORED

Article: HDTracks 24-bit / 96 kHz Content Is Here (Plus a little Bonus)

I don't see anything either, but I'm thinking the code won't show up until the opening on Oct. 2.<br />

<br />

Question for Chris - is the promo code only for Audiophile 24/96 tracks or is it good for any purchase?<br />

<br />

Thanks.<br />

<br />

Bob

<br />

Chris,<br />

<br />

code is right there, wish I had seen your email before going to HDTracks earlier tonight. Oh well I'll just have to buy another download. Bought the Clark Terry One on One recording and the sound is great, Terry's horn just explodes. Thanks for the promo

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but why the extra markup for the same album in 24/96?<br />

<br />

I'm looking at Yerba Buena Bounce by Hot Club of San Francisco. The 'regular' album in AIFF is $11.98, but the 24/96 version, in FLAC, is $15.98.<br />

<br />

Presumably the album was originally recorded in 24/96 (otherwise, it's a bit of a con to offer an upsampled 16/44.1 version) and the extra work to make make two different file versions of the same original recording would seem trivial.<br />

<br />

I love the fact that DRM-free high resolution audio is being made available, but the 33% markup for no readily apparent reason makes me a little sour faced. :(

MacBook Pro -> AppleTV ->Rotel RSP-1570 -> Martin Logan Electromotion[br]MacBook Pro -> Icon HDP -> AKG K701[br]Apple Lossless all the way

Chris, this is a great deal and I actually listened to most albums and selected 4 I really liked, only to discover at checkout that HDTracks only sells to US customers! I am quite annoyed, a waste of time for me.<br />

<br />

I really cannot understand why on earth in the internet day and age some companies still think in countries when they sell downloads. Maybe you could exert some influence on HDTracks to better serve the - global - Computer Audiophile community? That would be great.<br />

<br />

-edit- I just noticed <a href="http://www.computeraudiophile.com/node/872">the thread on HD Tracks international downloads</a>. So it's legal stuff, not the company's vision. I hope they get it done soon, this music is too good to miss.<br />

<br />

Btw would it be legal if someone in the US would buy these and then sell them through to me?<br />

<br />

Regards, Vincent

VincentH, Pro Audio and Headphone enthousiast. Currently using Vista + Foobar + WASAPI bitperfect --> FireWire --> RME FireFace 400 DAC --> Vovox unshielded balanced XLR interconnects --> Focal Twin 6Be active monitors + Focal Sub6 active sub; Grado RA 1 + Grado RS 1; Etymotic ER-4P.

Hi Vincent<br />

i live in Holland and find it extremely FRUSTRATINGt that all those legal rights FORBID every other site to sell to non US customers or to provide services like pandora.com<br />

<br />

all this is based on negative thinking, all t h i s legal stuff is worshiping fear

Finally after an all too long wait!<br />

I thought I would at last able to buy hi rez music that I really like!<br />

But browsing through the first releases, at HD Tracks the only ones of any interest to me were the Reference Recordings 24/96 files!<br />

Ok Ill get those I thought!<br />

<br />

Only to find out that I live in the wrong country!<br />

<br />

Is this some kind of a joke?<br />

<br />

So far I have found nothing except a few things at 2 L that I could actually buy at all!<br />

User friendly Brave New World of Downloads where are you????????????????? <br />

<br />

I´ll keep buying SACDs until this thing matures for adults, if ever?

A little annoyed here. <br />

<br />

I just managed to pay for an album from HDtracks via PayPal. Payment went through without issue and an hdtracks.jnlp file was then downloaded to my desktop. Double-clicking the file proceeded to open a java application, the HDtracks Download Manager. A settings screen appeared, in which I entered my HDtracks username and password. I then received a message telling me that it would appear my password was incorrect. I now have a little less money in my PayPal account than I did a few minutes ago, a java app on my desktop that doesn't appear to be working correctly and no music downloaded! I've received a PayPal and HDtracks receipt for my payment via email, so that's at least something. <br />

<br />

Anyway, thought I'd let others here know of my issue, just in case they have similar problems. I've emailed HDtracks and I hope they will reply promptly as unfortunately my last couple of emails I sent them have gone without response.<br />

<br />

:(<br />

<br />

--<br />

djp

Intel iMac + Beresford TC-7510 + Little Dot MK III + beyerdynamics DT 231 = Computer audiophile quality on the cheap! --- Samsung Q1 + M-Audio Transit + Sennheiser PX 100 = Computer audiophile quality on the go!

This is great, of course, and thanks to Chris for arranging the promotion. I was disappointed to see that the 24/96 files are only available as FLAC. As an iTunes user, what's a good strategy for adding the high-rez stuff to my library? I do have MAX, which may allow me to convert to a compatible format.<br />

<br />

Dan

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

You sir are a genius! ;) <br />

<br />

I must also say I've had a response from HDtracks regarding my email concerning this, already! Brilliant response. I'll now let them know that you fixed it for me Chris and hopefully they'll pay you for acting as a technical support rep for them! :)<br />

<br />

--<br />

djp

Intel iMac + Beresford TC-7510 + Little Dot MK III + beyerdynamics DT 231 = Computer audiophile quality on the cheap! --- Samsung Q1 + M-Audio Transit + Sennheiser PX 100 = Computer audiophile quality on the go!

**Update**<br />

<br />

Think the issue was actually fixed by HDtracks themselves as their email arrived pretty much the same time as Chris' advice. It seems they had to work some magic their end to get me up and running. Anyway, a thumbs up for the support and I'm now downloading music from HDtracks. Nothing can stop me now! :)<br />

<br />

I'll take that genius compliment back now Chris. ;)<br />

<br />

--<br />

djp

I appreciate the promo code, and expect to use it when I get back to the US from my current business trip.<br />

<br />

I am waiting with baited breath to see if HDTracks will really be able to get the Pentatone and Harmonia Mundi catalogs added to the site (last promised date was September 30th). Now, if these get added in 24/96 format, that would generate some real excitement and probably a significant depletion of my bank balance as a result!<br />

<br />

--crazzell

LOL, thanks Chris... (wasn't sure I should mention that, thought thay might want them back! ;))<br />

<br />

--<br />

djp