Jump to content
Computer Audiophile
  • dCS, EMM Labs, Aurender Launch Premium Brand Boutiques on Superphonica

    Today kicks of quite a busy week full of announcements, informative articles from CA contributors such as @mitchco and @Danny Kaey, and the Munich High End audio show!

     

    Today we are excited to announce the launch of three Premium Brand Boutiques on Superphonica. Each one offers a little different experience and product options. We've partnered with three blue-chip companies for this launch, and others that we can't announce just yet, waiting in the wings. This is only the beginning.

     


    dCS - This boutique offers the new Network Bridge through trusted dealer partners and fulfilled by dCS Americas, Inc. In addition, the boutique features certified pre-owned dCS components from only authorized dCS dealers. 

     

    EMM Labs - This boutique launched with an excellent opportunity to purchase pre-owned DACs directly from the manufacturer. All come with the warranty and support one would expect from EMM Labs.


    Aurender - Aurender launched its boutique with offerings from it's trusted dealer partners and from the company itself. The new S5W true wireless loudspeaker is available through this boutique in addition to any pre-owned Aurender products currently listed by authorized dealers. 

     

     


    Again, this is only the beginning of our long term strategy at Superphonica and Computer Audiophile. Much more is in the works that benefits everyone in this wonderful hobby, consumer, manufacturer, dealer, etc... 

     

     

     

    Click the image to see the Premium Brand Boutiques.

     

    super-pbb-v2.jpg

     



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Sorry to be thick but are these products cheaper or something? If you're buying new, what's the difference between a boutique here and there online shop/partner?

     

    Whilst I'm on, I regret the demise of the classifieds where members can buy and sell. I don't get the format of superphonica, it has dealers in it, full price kit. That I can get anywhere, what you can't get is fellow hobbyists selling their kit in a single uncluttered cost effective way. No sticky fingers...

     

    I am a bit of a dinosaur though, I don't get it, sorry. I'm looking for kit but I'm not really using Superphonica, looking at other classifieds instead. Good luck though, hope you get rich.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    20 hours ago, Tintinabulum said:

    Sorry to be thick but are these products cheaper or something? If you're buying new, what's the difference between a boutique here and there online shop/partner?

     

    Whilst I'm on, I regret the demise of the classifieds where members can buy and sell. I don't get the format of superphonica, it has dealers in it, full price kit. That I can get anywhere, what you can't get is fellow hobbyists selling their kit in a single uncluttered cost effective way. No sticky fingers...

     

    I am a bit of a dinosaur though, I don't get it, sorry. I'm looking for kit but I'm not really using Superphonica, looking at other classifieds instead. Good luck though, hope you get rich.

    No worries. 

     

    Most people don’t live near an area with a dealer, and they like to shop online. Plus, there is nowhere else to purchase certified pre-owned Meitner DACs anywhere in the world. 

     

    Demise of classifieds?

     

    superphonica is for commercial and private sellers. It’s great to search a product and have both new and used options available. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Personally I read the threads, non paid. No real interest in the other stuff. 

     

    Not after a used Meitner either. The previous classified were great, easy to keep an eye on newly listed kit rather than wading through advert of fully priced gear/adverts. Hey ho. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 hours ago, Tintinabulum said:

    Personally I read the threads, non paid. No real interest in the other stuff. 

     

    Not after a used Meitner either. The previous classified were great, easy to keep an eye on newly listed kit rather than wading through advert of fully priced gear/adverts. Hey ho. 

    Previous classified?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Guess you won't be reviewing any products from participating "partners" or at least manufacturers.  A bit confusing, what will all the descriptors for Superphonica "associations".  Otherwise, that would at least seem to be a conflict of interest, even if it really isn't.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 5/12/2018 at 11:19 AM, stevebythebay said:

    Guess you won't be reviewing any products from participating "partners" or at least manufacturers.  A bit confusing, what will all the descriptors for Superphonica "associations".  Otherwise, that would at least seem to be a conflict of interest, even if it really isn't.

    Can you clarify Steve?

     

    I view Superphonica associations no different from manufacturers and dealers and distributors who advertise here on CA. 

     

    Fortunately there are controls on the conflicts of interest that have been present since the day we started accepting advertising dollars in 2007. The fact that we don't censor comments on CA, either below product reviews or in the forum, is a great thing. If anyone reading a CA review thinks there is funny business going on, they are free to say so loud and clear. 

     

    Some people have asked about a conflict of interest with Superphonica, and I don't blame them. The question I like to ask people is this, what's worse, CA taking money directly from manufacturers (via advertising) or Superphonica accepting money from manufacturers, dealers, and consumers in order to sell their components? It's a somewhat rhetorical question, but it's hard to say anything is "worse" than the current model of all publications that accept money directly from manufacturers in order to place a banner or advertisement somewhere. if there was another way, I'd sign up for it immediately. There's only one Consumer Reports. It's nearly impossible to get people to pay for something they believe should be free or that which they don't see enough value. 

     

    One piece of Superphonica that I love is the fact that my brother runs the day to day business and handles all the relationships with manufacturers and dealers. I like to be as far removed from that as I can. We hope to move him into a similar role with CA and have him handle all the advertising relationships. It's something I hate doing. 

     

    Anyway, I'm always open to discussing this and want to keep everything transparent. It's good for everyone, the consumers, manufacturers, dealers, distributors, and CA. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    No absolutes in this grey area of conflicts of interest. Merely the taint.  Not saying that there is any such thing as absolute, conflict free, transactions since we’re all making choices. You by making selections of what meets some level of interest of product/service or some person/organization offering up such.  We readers/consumers by what is of interest, fits our goals in computer-based Audio, etc. With Superphonica it’s simply an extension of your “enterprise”, so all of a piece. It simply makes one take pause when attempting to sense the underlying choices, knowing or unknowing, that you are making with respect to reviewing. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

    I like to be as far removed from that as I can.

    Great.  When can you start focusing on reviews again?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×