Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 248
  1. #151
    Sophomore Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierS View Post
    You meant latest 0.6.2 ASIO Proxy?
    Ops yup! Both work hand in hand, the one included (0.6.0) in the SACD plugin package is the safe one to use whereas the independent 0.6.2 is the experimental built that allows DSD256/512 upsampling of 44.1kHz based pcm. Sorry about not being precise.

  2. #152
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    St.Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    13
    0.6.0 ASIO Proxy doesn't work with 0.6.4 plugin. Please, use 0.6.2 ASIO Proxy.

  3. #153
    Sophomore Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    172
    Hi Max! Good to see you here, figured out the 48kHz PCM upsampling puzzle yet and is that a real tough nut to crack? Anyway, you have gotten ahead of yourself this with this new support for DSD256/512 playback/upsampling capability, I wonder how many of these DACs like the exaSound e20 will show up anytime soon though...

  4. #154
    48K was added in ASIO Proxy 0.6.1 and it works fine as you can read here:

    Amanero PCM and DSD (Update) | H i F i D U I N O



    Quote Originally Posted by valenroy View Post
    Hi Max! Good to see you here, figured out the 48kHz PCM upsampling puzzle yet and is that a real tough nut to crack? Anyway, you have gotten ahead of yourself this with this new support for DSD256/512 playback/upsampling capability, I wonder how many of these DACs like the exaSound e20 will show up anytime soon though...

  5. #155
    Sophomore Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierS View Post
    48K was added in ASIO Proxy 0.6.1 and it works fine as you can read here:

    Amanero PCM and DSD (Update) | H i F i D U I N O
    Again I wasn't being specific... 48kHz upsampling to 2.8 and 5.6 mHz DSD and not the so-called overclocked 3.1 and 6.1 mHz DSD as not all DACs can support such 3.1 and 6.1 mHz DSD rates... Mytek is possible but not the TEAC. Not sure about the exaSound though...

  6. #156
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    St.Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by valenroy View Post
    Hi Max! Good to see you here, figured out the 48kHz PCM upsampling puzzle yet and is that a real tough nut to crack?
    It's not hard to do with any PCM x44->x48 sample rate converter but I'd prefer to see x48 "DSD overclocking" in DAC firmwares (besides it doesn't need hardware modifications).

  7. #157
    Sophomore Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by manisiutkin View Post
    It's not hard to do with any PCM x44->x48 sample rate converter but I'd prefer to see x48 "DSD overclocking" in DAC firmwares (besides it doesn't need hardware modifications).
    I think Miska did mentioned previously that it is possible to convert x48 pcm to dsd 2.8/5.6 without any sample rate conversion from x48 > x44. Is that some sort of proprietary processing that is unique to his own software player? Just curious...

  8. #158
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    St.Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by valenroy View Post
    I think Miska did mentioned previously that it is possible to convert x48 pcm to dsd 2.8/5.6 without any sample rate conversion from x48 > x44.1
    While we don't exactly know what he means under "without"... any method (at least for me) inherently infers this conversion.

  9. #159
    New 0.6.3 version of roxy is available at the usual place.

  10. #160
    I am very excited to report that J River, HQ Player and Foobar/Super Audio CD Decoder (listed in the chronological order of our testing exercises) work great with the exaSond e20 Mk II DAC in DSD256 mode.

    Each player offers different strengths. J River is the most comprehensive all-in-one solution. HQ Player offers the most advanced signal processing. Foobar offers the most customizable approach. It can be as little or as much as you want, and with the help of the Super Audio CD Decoder it can be a dedicated DSD station.

    When we announced the e20 Mk II, we had a couple of offline-upsampled DSD256 files. Now we have a choice of players and we can listen to our CD libraries in DSD256 with real-time upsampling. It is amazing how quickly DSD256 has become a reality. I am sure that very soon we will see native DSD256 recordings.
    exaSound.com | Audio R&D

  11. #161
    Exa,

    When you list J River, in the context of DSD playback, what exactly are you saying this player can do? Are you talking about DSD upsampling, or the ability to play DSD256?
    Just wanted to be clear on the message.

    Joel

  12. #162
    I am talking about J River's capability to play DSD256 files natively.
    exaSound.com | Audio R&D

  13. #163
    Im sure Exa meant that it was Foobar with the SACD plugin and Miska's HQ Player to be the ones to upsample to DSD256.

    Hopefully JRiver will add these capabilities as well soon

  14. #164
    Are you sure JRiver plays DSD256 and DSD512?

  15. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierS View Post
    Are you sure JRiver plays DSD256 and DSD512?
    Yes, I am.

  16. #166
    Do you upscale to dsd512 and 256 with another software and then play with jriver?

  17. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Selarom View Post
    Do you upscale to dsd512 and 256 with another software and then play with jriver?
    Yes, I convert PCM sources into DSD256, DSD512.
    DSD256: from PCM 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz
    DSD512( 64 x 8): from 2L DXD ( 44.1 x 8 kHz=352.8 kHz /24 bit PCM)

    Delta-sigma modulation is mostly done by using SONY "DSD Direct" Software.

  18. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
    Yes, I convert PCM sources into DSD256, DSD512.
    DSD256: from PCM 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz
    DSD512( 64 x 8): from 2L DXD ( 44.1 x 8 kHz=352.8 kHz /24 bit PCM)

    Delta-sigma modulation is mostly done by using SONY "DSD Direct" Software.
    Where did you get that software? From Sony directly?

  19. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Selarom View Post
    Where did you get that software? From Sony directly?
    SONY DSD Direct was not independently sold. It was bundled in SONY VAIO PC in a certain period.

    However, you might find a link somewhere in the post #2 of this thread.
    DSDIFF Decoder - Hydrogenaudio Forums
    If you follow the link, please do it on your own risk and responsibility.

  20. #170

  21. #171
    tried it, but aparently that is an upgrade program. It needs a previous version installed. Where could one get that?

  22. #172
    Follow the link suggested in post #169

  23. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
    Yes, I am.

    Thx Bunpei, I had forgotten to check the DSD box under "bitstreaming"!!

  24. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by exa View Post
    ... I am sure that very soon we will see native DSD256 recordings. ...
    This is what we've waited for. I wish exa obtains the source for his demonstration!

    5/4 Productions & Pyramix Team for 1st DSD256 Recording

  25. #175
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
    This is what we've waited for. I wish exa obtains the source for his demonstration!

    5/4 Productions & Pyramix Team for 1st DSD256 Recording
    Wow, Thanks for the link. Mechanics Hall is only 10 minutes from me!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast