I'm sure all the Computer Audiophile readers remember Kent Poon of Design w Sound and Audiophile Jazz Prologue III fame. Kent and I met at CES in 2009 and I've been a fan of his ever since. Now Kent is jointly organizing a digital audio seminar in Hong Kong, his home turf, with Music Powerhouse Production. The seminar will take place November 14 and 15 2009 at Cyberport 3 in HK. I really wish I could make it to the seminar to hear what the presenters have to say about software and hardware interfaces effecting the sound and to hear the great demonstrations that are planned. But, Hong Kong is not right around the corner from Minneapolis, MN. Hopefully some of the Computer Audiophile readers will be in attendance and will report back to everyone about the event. Read more for a registration link and additional information.
Here are some planned questions the seminar will address.
1. Have you ever compare CD-R vs. HQCD vs. Crystal Disc on the same recording?
2. Are you using USB, Firewire, PCI, Ethernet, I2S connection on computer as source?
3. Does playback software engine provides different sounding? Wavelab? Nuendo? Izotope? Foobar? iTunes? Amarra?
4. What is MME-WDM / ASIO / WASAPI / Core-Audio?
5. How can I setup my digital audio library?
6. What is upsampling? Is there any free software for upsampling?
7. I already have a very high end digital audio system, what is my best option to start using computer for high res playback?
For additional information and to register for the seminar follow this link.