Burson HD HA-160D - Amazing-
by, 02-24-2012 at 04:23 AM (1390 Views)
Finally I've pulled the trigger and bought Burson HA-160D, OH-MY, This small little peace of Art from Burson is making my speakers (B&W 603 S3's) & Amp, sing like never before. currently I'm using it with my NAD C372 Integrated, and using MacBook 2Ghz/2GB via USB cable supplied by Burson. and my music preference is Female-Vocals, Classical. Musicality, & Jazz,
My Quest has Began, hence I'm here to seek your expertise and help with the following:
1. What USB cable to buy?
2. How can I use my Mac book via optical out? what cable and Toslink converter?
2a which cable will give me Hi-Rez quality? 96? 384? etc.
3. after trying some of the iTunes alternatives I liked PM and Ammra but Ammra full version is insanely high for me so may be Ammra-Junior) or any other softeare to look for, which gives similar sound like the above 2?
4. I'm using HA-160D as a CD source to my integrated amp. and turned on the volume permanently to FULL on burson. and controlling the volume of NAD by Nad's remote control,
now my question is -- will this in any way damage the burson, and is this a good idea to use it like this in a long run? using burson as a PRE is not an option for me for now with current amp.
5. Best ripping method for hi-res. (Preferably using Mac, but if any other solution is also fine)
6. Now, last but not the least. which headphones? I know there are many out there from cheap to expensive so I'm confused, and my budget is not that high in between $500 to 550 USD. keeping my music preferences mentioned above.
7. any one out there using the Burson HA-160D with Power Amp or Integtrated Amp? what is the best Integrated-Amp/Power-Amp that suits this if used HA-160D as a Pre.